Norman Rockwell painting sells for millions
November 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Norman Rockwell painting sold for just under $3 million at a Chicago auction Saturday.
Susanin's Auctions in the South Loop said Rockwell's "Willie Gillis Food Package from Home" sold for $2.8 million. The painting first appeared on the cover of the "Saturday Evening Post" in 1941.
The identity of the buyer was not revealed.
The work has been hanging in a Chicago CEO's office since 1968.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits