Norman Rockwell painting sells for millions
November 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Norman Rockwell painting sold for just under $3 million at a Chicago auction Saturday.
Susanin's Auctions in the South Loop said Rockwell's "Willie Gillis Food Package from Home" sold for $2.8 million. The painting first appeared on the cover of the "Saturday Evening Post" in 1941.
The identity of the buyer was not revealed.
The work has been hanging in a Chicago CEO's office since 1968.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 14 min ago
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 10 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 35 min ago
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos