Rutherford asks supporters to weigh in on possible gubernatorial bid
December 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Republican State Treasurer Dan Rutherford is inching closer to a run for governor.
He asked his supporters to back him for a possible race for governor in 2014 on his website and social media pages Sunday.
"Now is the time for leaders to act with conviction and courage," he wrote on his site. "Through wise stewardship, we can eliminate our massive debt, fund our liabilities, build an environment that job-creators are seeking and provide financial security for taxpayers. Illinois is indeed broke-but our great state is not beyond repair."
Rutherford said the support he gets will help him evaluate whether or not to run.
If there is a formal announcement, it is likely to come in late January 2013, he said.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody... 56 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand