Two suburban girls rescued from construction site hole
December 2, 2012 (TINLEY PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two girls are safe after being rescued from a collapsed construction site in the southwest suburbs Sunday.
The girls, identified by family members as being 11 and 12 years-old, were playing in an area that had been recently excavated for a building foundation in Tinley Park.
Witnesses say mud fell in on the girls trapping them. One of the girl's brothers saw what had happened and alerted his parents who called 911.
The girls were taken to hospitals with no visible injuries just to get checked out.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 1 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues 37 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 38 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 18 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults...
37 min ago