Two suburban girls rescued from construction site hole
December 2, 2012 (TINLEY PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two girls are safe after being rescued from a collapsed construction site in the southwest suburbs Sunday.
The girls, identified by family members as being 11 and 12 years-old, were playing in an area that had been recently excavated for a building foundation in Tinley Park.
Witnesses say mud fell in on the girls trapping them. One of the girl's brothers saw what had happened and alerted his parents who called 911.
The girls were taken to hospitals with no visible injuries just to get checked out.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security 35 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 29 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor