Second person charged in Gold Coast attempt to run over cop
December 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Prosecutors have charged a second man in November's Gold Coast robbery of an American Apparel store and getaway that resulted in a Chicago police officer nearly being run-over.
Chicago resident Michael Holmes, 20, faces one count of attempted first degree murder ,one count of aggravated assault of a police officer, and one count of felony theft in the incident, according to police.
A 17-year-old male has already been charged in the case.
The officer managed to get out of the way of their getaway car. Shots were fired and nobody was hurt.
gold coast news, local
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police chase in Lincoln Park may have hurt officer 17 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
47 min ago