'Stringer Bell bandit' arrested by Chicago bike cops
December 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges have been filed against a Chicago man who was arrested in connection with a string of recent bank robberies in the Loop.
Kenneth Anderson has been dubbed the alleged "Stringer Bell Bandit" because of the suspect's supposed resemblance to a character on the TV series "The Wire."
Chicago police bicycle patrol officers took him into custody Friday after employees at the Fifth Third Bank at 1 South Dearborn contacted them.
Anderson is charged with robbery.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
58 min ago