'Stringer Bell bandit' arrested by Chicago bike cops
December 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges have been filed against a Chicago man who was arrested in connection with a string of recent bank robberies in the Loop.
Kenneth Anderson has been dubbed the alleged "Stringer Bell Bandit" because of the suspect's supposed resemblance to a character on the TV series "The Wire."
Chicago police bicycle patrol officers took him into custody Friday after employees at the Fifth Third Bank at 1 South Dearborn contacted them.
Anderson is charged with robbery.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 25 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 31 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality 26 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 18 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
18 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning...
31 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
25 min ago
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos