Officials identify woman's body found in in NW Ind. as Gena Chiodo | Boyfriend Donal Clark charged
December 3, 2012 (CALUMET CITY, Ill.) (WLS) -- Officials have identified the body of a woman found in a wooded area near Lowell, Ind., as 42-year-old Gena Chiodo.
"Positive identification was made this afternoon and the deceased is Gena Chiodo," said Lake County Indiana Coroner Merrilee Frey.
Frey said dental records helped identify Chiodo.
Because of evidence of foul play in her home, police charged her boyfriend, Donal Clark, with murder and concealment of a homicide. Chiodo was last seen in October, and the remains were found Sunday near Route 2 and U.S. 41.
"We believe she was killed in residence by her boyfriend and transported. In all probability she's been in that field since, wrapped in a sheet," said Chief Edward Gilmore with Calumet City police.
Chiodo's friends tried to cope with the news on Monday.
"There is no peace there is no rest. I am a spiritual person, so the day she took her last breath, God had her anyways," said Michelle Mack, a former roommate.
"It sounds really bizarre, but I wanted her home for Christmas. I mean, I didn't get her to talk to, but we have her body, she's home," said Pat Nasella, friend.
local, michelle gallardo
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 28 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert 23 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
28 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
23 min ago