Off-duty Cook County Corrections officer shot
December 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An off-duty Cook County Corrections officer was shot early Tuesday morning near Interstate 57 and Halsted, according to officials.
The officer realized someone was following him while he was driving. Shortly after, shots were fired.
Officials said he was hit several times- in the jaw, back and four times in the shoulder.
However, he survived the incident and was able to call 911 and his family,
The officer, who is a seven-year veteran of the department, is recovering at Stroger Hospital.
Information on a suspect was not available.
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting 22 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
22 min ago