MillerCoors sponsors CTA penny rides on New Year's Eve
December 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A beer company is sponsoring the CTA New Year's Eve program that allows people to use public transit for a penny.
MillerCoors was announced as the first corporate sponsor of the program, designed to minimize drunk driving on New Year's Eve.
The company will pay $1.3 million under a three-year deal.
Each year, an average of 150,000 CTA riders use the penny ride program, which is in effect from 10 p.m. on New Year's Eve through 4 a.m. January 1.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913