Jennifer Hudson performs at Chicago's House of Blues
December 4, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Oscar-winning singer and Chicago-native Jennifer Hudson used her talents to help local children in need on Tuesday.
She performed at the House of Blues in celebration of her cover photo on Michigan Avenue Magazine.
Invited guests were asked to bring a toy or book for the Julian D. King Gift Foundation, in honor of Hudson's late nephew.
Hudson spoke with ABC7's Janet Davies about her own son and his musical talents.
"He sings. His favorite song is the Lion King song, 'I Can't Wait to be King.' And he sings it solo. His favorite part is the roar. I'm working on my roar," she said.
ABC7 will have more on Janet Davies' interview with Hudson on the news Wednesday afternoon.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 46 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race 41 min ago
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 12 min ago