People who helped convict arson suspects honored
December 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez honored more than a dozen people today at the 2012 Illinois Arson Awards.
The honorees are citizens and law enforcement officials who helped convict suspects charged with arson.
Alvarez presented the awards at a ceremony at the Criminal Courts building.
The civilians also received cash rewards that ranged from $500 to $1500.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 To Go, December 12, 2013
19 min ago