Battery charges dismissed against Bennie Starks, man previously exonerated in 1986 Waukegan rape
December 5, 2012 (WAUKEGAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- Charges were dismissed Wednesday against Bennie Starks for a 1986 aggravated battery case.
Starks had previously spent more than two decades in prison for a rape conviction before new DNA evidence showed he did not commit the crime.
Starks was released from jail in May. But, until Wednesday, he faced possible prosecution for the separate battery charge.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police chase in Lincoln Park may have hurt officer 7 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
37 min ago