FAA orders Boeing Dreamliner jets inspected for fuel leaks
December 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Federal Aviation Administration is ordering inspections of all 787 Dreamliner jets, the new jets made by Chicago-based Boeing.
This comes after fuel leaks in the plane were linked to a manufacturing flaw at Boeing plants.
The inspections will focus on fuel line connections in the engine pylons.
Right now United is the only U.S. operator that flies Dreamliners. It has three of them.
Thirty-three others are flown by foreign carriers.
boeing 787 dreamliner, local
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 35 min ago
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury 46 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest allegations not enough
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Flossmoor fire injures woman 12 min ago
- Evanston attempted sex assault triggers alert 3 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- 7 in :77
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
35 min ago