FAA orders Boeing Dreamliner jets inspected for fuel leaks
December 5, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Federal Aviation Administration is ordering inspections of all 787 Dreamliner jets, the new jets made by Chicago-based Boeing.
This comes after fuel leaks in the plane were linked to a manufacturing flaw at Boeing plants.
The inspections will focus on fuel line connections in the engine pylons.
Right now United is the only U.S. operator that flies Dreamliners. It has three of them.
Thirty-three others are flown by foreign carriers.
- School shooting remembered 25 years later 20 min ago
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot 35 min ago
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave 13 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Woman killed, 4 critically injured in Far South Side crash
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
2 min ago
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
20 min ago
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos