1 dead after car crashes into school bus
December 6, 2012 (LIMESTONE TWP., Ill.) (WLS) -- No students were seriously injured when a car slammed into their school bus Thursday morning just south of the Kankakee River. The driver of the car was killed.
A westbound 2002 Chevrolet ran into the back of the Herscher High School bus, which was stopped near Route 113 and Warner Bridge Road in Limestone Township near the town of Bradley.
There were eight students on school bus. Some students were taken to hospitals for minor injuries.
The male driver of the car has yet to be identified.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos