South Shore Line train station slashing suspect spotted in Indianapolis
December 6, 2012 (EAST CHICAGO, Ind.) (WLS) -- Police say a northwest Indiana man suspected of stabbing a man at an East Chicago train station has been spotted in the Indianapolis area.
Jawaun Dontell Woods is charged in the attack but has not been caught.
A car stolen during the November 26 incident was recovered in Indianapolis.
Investigators say a surveillance camera at a gas station in the area where the car was found captured video of Woods.
Police consider Woods armed and dangerous.The victim was cut on his neck and hands as he was waiting for his wife to arrive on a South Shore Line train.
Police say Woods took the victim's keys, wallet and car and then allegedly went to a Wal-Mart and bought three Lady Gaga CDs with the victim's credit card.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos