Grandson charged in Joliet woman's murder
December 6, 2012 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- The 38-year-old grandson of a woman murdered in Joliet last week has been charged in her death.
Darrel C. Agerton faces six counts of first-degree murder in the death of 90-year-old Veronica R. Schick.
Around 7:30 p.m. Friday, sheriff's deputies were called to the 100-block of Jessie in Joliet Township. Police say Agerton was living with his grandmother after being released from jail on charges of aggravated DUI.
Agerton called 911 and told deputies that he had been taking a nap and that when he woke up found his grandmother lying on the floor. Deputies say their investigation and further questioning led them to file charges.
Bond was set at $5 million.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 9 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning 54 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force 54 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese...
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Woodstock man accused in 8 rapes waives jury trial
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Bears agree to 1-year deal with Tillman
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
35 min ago
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
9 min ago
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over...
54 min ago