Study: Nail lamps carry minimal risk of skin cancer
December 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Researchers say a new study refutes claims that nail lamps can cause skin cancer.
The study measured radiation from typical nail lamps and determined they are low risk.
The findings contradict a 2009 report that claimed the devices are as dangerous as tanning beds due to UV exposure.
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse 42 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 4 min ago
- Church holds service outside after roof collapse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House 16 min ago
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows
- Ice storm, sleet, deep freeze in Mid-Atlantic, East Coast areas
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'