Study: Nail lamps carry minimal risk of skin cancer
December 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Researchers say a new study refutes claims that nail lamps can cause skin cancer.
The study measured radiation from typical nail lamps and determined they are low risk.
The findings contradict a 2009 report that claimed the devices are as dangerous as tanning beds due to UV exposure.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 48 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
48 min ago