Group brawl involved Niles North, Niles West and Mather High School students
December 7, 2012 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say a 17-year-old Chicago male faces a felony aggravated battery charge for his role in the stabbing of a Niles North High School student.
Skokie police also issued disorderly conduct citations to 29 suspects, including students from Niles North High School and Niles West High School, and Chicago's Mather High School.
Police say the students were involved in a group brawl.
The student who was stabbed sustained minor injuries and has been released from the hospital, according to police.
Authorities say the students involved in the brawl have the choice of attending a violence prevention seminar at the Skokie Police Department, or appearing in Cook County Court.
The Skokie Police Department recently established an automated Crime Tip Hotline and invites the public to call (847) 933-TIPS (8477) anytime to report suspicious activity.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77