Cardinal encouraged about cancer treatment
December 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Francis Cardinal George spoke Friday night about treatment for cancer and said he was encouraged.
"The first results are very hopeful and I am grateful for that," he said. "But there are always more results. You know how doctors are. They do one test, and they want to do three more, so we have more to go through before final results."
He's been undergoing chemotherapy after doctors found cancerous cells in his kidney and liver. The Cardinal thanked those who have prayed for his recovery.
He said that has helped him through this tough time. He spoke during an event at the Chicago Hilton to benefit children's programs.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 2 men arrested on drug charges 44 min ago
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace... 27 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 2015 Ford Mustang unveiling to celebrate 50 years
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos