Cardinal encouraged about cancer treatment
December 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Francis Cardinal George spoke Friday night about treatment for cancer and said he was encouraged.
"The first results are very hopeful and I am grateful for that," he said. "But there are always more results. You know how doctors are. They do one test, and they want to do three more, so we have more to go through before final results."
He's been undergoing chemotherapy after doctors found cancerous cells in his kidney and liver. The Cardinal thanked those who have prayed for his recovery.
He said that has helped him through this tough time. He spoke during an event at the Chicago Hilton to benefit children's programs.
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Governor, Mayor in high-stakes game of Chicago hold 'em
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos