8 charged in alleged dogfighting case
December 8, 2012 (DOLTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Eight men have been charged in an alleged dogfighting case.
It happened Wednesday in south suburban Dolton. According to the Cook County Sheriff's department, police were tipped off to a dogfight in progress.
They say seven dogs were found, some with severe injuries.
The dogs were taken to the south suburban Humane Society in Chicago Heights.
The suspects are all charged with attending or patronizing a dogfight.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
49 min ago
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos