8 charged in alleged dogfighting case
December 8, 2012 (DOLTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Eight men have been charged in an alleged dogfighting case.
It happened Wednesday in south suburban Dolton. According to the Cook County Sheriff's department, police were tipped off to a dogfight in progress.
They say seven dogs were found, some with severe injuries.
The dogs were taken to the south suburban Humane Society in Chicago Heights.
The suspects are all charged with attending or patronizing a dogfight.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 43 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77