Fundraiser to help families of domestic abuse
December 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An organization helping families affected by domestic violence was expected to raise half a million dollars Sunday.
It was the 9th annual fundraiser for WINGS, standing for Women in Need Growing Stronger.
WINGS runs a safe house for families who've suffered from domestic abuse.
The organization runs transitional homes helping women and children learning emotional and financial independence.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits