U of C menorah lights up Hanukkah
December 9, 2012 (CHICAG0) (WLS) -- University of Chicago faculty and students gathered near 57th and University to light the Chabad's new 9-foot menorah commemorating the second night of Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of lights.
The celebration included traditional music and plenty of latkes and jelly donuts, which are customary Hanukkah treats.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 9 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 4 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 19 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones 30 min ago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos