Rev. Lewis Flowers, West Side minister/activist, dead at 62
December 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A longtime activist in Chicago has died.
Reverend Lewis Flowers passed away Saturday night at his West Side home.
Flowers was the chairman of the Westside Ministers Coalition.
For more than three decades, he fought for social justice in education, employment and housing on Chicago's West Side, particularly in the Austin community.
Reverend Lewis Flowers was 62.
- $590M-plus Powerball: winning ticket sold in Fla
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Toddler found alone on West Side reunited with parents 14 min ago
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting 31 min ago
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Daily Herald: Gender Pay Gap 51 min ago
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos