Rev. Lewis Flowers, West Side minister/activist, dead at 62
December 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A longtime activist in Chicago has died.
Reverend Lewis Flowers passed away Saturday night at his West Side home.
Flowers was the chairman of the Westside Ministers Coalition.
For more than three decades, he fought for social justice in education, employment and housing on Chicago's West Side, particularly in the Austin community.
Reverend Lewis Flowers was 62.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell 17 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare' 28 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 35 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 53 min ago
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 27 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage 48 min ago
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 25 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake