Plane cleared for take-off at O'Hare after suspicious package scare
December 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An American Eagle plane bound for Hartford was temporarily held at O'Hare Airport after a report of a suspicious package Monday afternoon.
The Chicago Police Department's bomb and arson unit was called to American Eagle Flight 4141 around 2:35 p.m. Monday while the plane was standing at the gate. Passengers were taken off and the plane was searched.
Around 4 p.m., police gave the all clear, passengers reboarded, and the plane was expected to continue on its way by 4:30 p.m.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
24 min ago