Council to vote on $6.25M settlement in city worker DUI crash
December 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago City Council will vote Wednesday on whether to approve a $6.25 million settlement to a man who suffered brain damage when he was struck by a city truck.
Richard Chang was hurt when the vehicle driven by city worker Dwight Washington slammed into a crowd of people on a sidewalk in Chicago's Gold Coast last year. Washington is serving a 9-year prison sentence for DUI .
Chang is a computer scientist, but cannot resume his career because of his injuries.
Three other lawsuits involving four victims have also been filed.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap