Suspect in Uptown assault held without bail
December 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A parolee charged in a weekend sexual assault in Uptown will remain behind bars.
Jason Gurneau, 32, is being held without bail. He's accused of beating, robbing, and sexually assaulting a woman early Sunday in the 4400-block of North Sheridan Road.
A neighbor who heard the victim's screams called police and helped hold Gurneau near the scene until officers arrived.
Investigators say Gurneau was released on parole in October and has an extensive criminal record.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 53 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes 14 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 47 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 41 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
53 min ago