Suspect in Uptown assault held without bail
December 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A parolee charged in a weekend sexual assault in Uptown will remain behind bars.
Jason Gurneau, 32, is being held without bail. He's accused of beating, robbing, and sexually assaulting a woman early Sunday in the 4400-block of North Sheridan Road.
A neighbor who heard the victim's screams called police and helped hold Gurneau near the scene until officers arrived.
Investigators say Gurneau was released on parole in October and has an extensive criminal record.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains