Suspect in Uptown assault held without bail
December 10, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A parolee charged in a weekend sexual assault in Uptown will remain behind bars.
Jason Gurneau, 32, is being held without bail. He's accused of beating, robbing, and sexually assaulting a woman early Sunday in the 4400-block of North Sheridan Road.
A neighbor who heard the victim's screams called police and helped hold Gurneau near the scene until officers arrived.
Investigators say Gurneau was released on parole in October and has an extensive criminal record.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Fmr. student allegedly threatened Glenbard East H.S. 15 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- Memorial Day: Travel down, gas prices up
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos