Chicago Children's Choir, Lookinglass Theatre and Natya Dance present Sita Ram musical
December 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sita Ram, an original world musical, will come alive on stage as the Chicago Children's Choir, Lookingglass Theatre Company and Natya Dance Theatre come together at the Harris Theater for Music and Dance.
Directed by David Kersnar of Lookingglass Theatre Company, Sita Ram will feature vocal performances by the Chicago Children's Choir under Josephine Lee, dance by Natya Dance Company, and costume design by Azeeza Khan, creative director of Chicago-based Atelier AZZA and TimeOut Magazine's 2012 Breakout Emerging Designer.
Organizers say Sita Ram presents a modern interpretation of the ancient Hindu epic Ramayana, fusing the past, present, and future in a fantastical world of song, dance, fashion, and design that leads its audience on a path of reflection and self-discovery.
Three shows will take place at the Harris Theater for Music and Dance on December 14 and 15, 2012.
For ticket information, visit: www.harristheaterchicago.org/events/2012-2013-season/sita-ram.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant