Chicago Children's Choir, Lookinglass Theatre and Natya Dance present Sita Ram musical
December 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Sita Ram, an original world musical, will come alive on stage as the Chicago Children's Choir, Lookingglass Theatre Company and Natya Dance Theatre come together at the Harris Theater for Music and Dance.
Directed by David Kersnar of Lookingglass Theatre Company, Sita Ram will feature vocal performances by the Chicago Children's Choir under Josephine Lee, dance by Natya Dance Company, and costume design by Azeeza Khan, creative director of Chicago-based Atelier AZZA and TimeOut Magazine's 2012 Breakout Emerging Designer.
Organizers say Sita Ram presents a modern interpretation of the ancient Hindu epic Ramayana, fusing the past, present, and future in a fantastical world of song, dance, fashion, and design that leads its audience on a path of reflection and self-discovery.
Three shows will take place at the Harris Theater for Music and Dance on December 14 and 15, 2012.
For ticket information, visit: www.harristheaterchicago.org/events/2012-2013-season/sita-ram.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals 1 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos