'Don Wade & Roma' sign off, pass mic to Bruce Wolf, Dan Proft at WLS-Radio
December 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After filling in for months, Bruce Wolf and Dan Proft will permanently take over the morning radio slot left vacant on WLS by the Don Wade and Roma show.
Wolf and Proft began substituting for the duo three months ago when Don Wade announced he had a brain tumor. They will continue in the 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. slot, WLS-Radio announced. Jake Hartford and John Kass will host from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
"The daily stress of rising each day at midnight to prep for our 5a show does not help the healing process. So we are choosing a different path and focusing on what's really important for us right now," Don and Roma said in a statement from WLS.
The radio station said it wishes Don a well as he continues to heal, and said it will "keep a mic open for them." The Don Wade and Roma show got its start on WLS in 1985. They thanked their fans for support.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 25 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to... 34 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77