'Don Wade & Roma' sign off, pass mic to Bruce Wolf, Dan Proft at WLS-Radio
December 13, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- After filling in for months, Bruce Wolf and Dan Proft will permanently take over the morning radio slot left vacant on WLS by the Don Wade and Roma show.
Wolf and Proft began substituting for the duo three months ago when Don Wade announced he had a brain tumor. They will continue in the 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. slot, WLS-Radio announced. Jake Hartford and John Kass will host from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
"The daily stress of rising each day at midnight to prep for our 5a show does not help the healing process. So we are choosing a different path and focusing on what's really important for us right now," Don and Roma said in a statement from WLS.
The radio station said it wishes Don a well as he continues to heal, and said it will "keep a mic open for them." The Don Wade and Roma show got its start on WLS in 1985. They thanked their fans for support.
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff 32 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River mouth
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch 42 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Admitted Chicago terrorist's 'hate mail'
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation 24 min ago
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
56 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
32 min ago