Wrongful death suit filed in fatal boating crash
December 13, 2012 (WLS) -- A wrongful death lawsuit is filed claiming a northwest suburban man and woman are responsible for the boating death of a 10-year-old boy.
The lawsuit seeks more than $50,000 from David Hatyina and Renee Melbourn of Bartlett, claiming the family of Tony Borcia suffered emotional distress from the youngster's death last July.
Police say the Libertyville boy was run over by a boat operated by Hatyina.
The lawsuit says Melbourn assisted with the financial care and maintenance of the boat.
No comment so far from lawyers for Melbourn and Hatyina.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 24 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 46 min ago
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead 9 min ago
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked 4 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our Lady of Guadalupe 22 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 10 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti 'feeling hopeful' for appeal
- Alleged robber shot, killed by store owner ID'd 54 min ago
- Couple injured after van lands in Huntley creek
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
46 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
24 min ago
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture...
10 min ago
- Pope honored as Catholics gather at Our...
22 min ago