Wrongful death suit filed in fatal boating crash
December 13, 2012 (WLS) -- A wrongful death lawsuit is filed claiming a northwest suburban man and woman are responsible for the boating death of a 10-year-old boy.
The lawsuit seeks more than $50,000 from David Hatyina and Renee Melbourn of Bartlett, claiming the family of Tony Borcia suffered emotional distress from the youngster's death last July.
Police say the Libertyville boy was run over by a boat operated by Hatyina.
The lawsuit says Melbourn assisted with the financial care and maintenance of the boat.
No comment so far from lawyers for Melbourn and Hatyina.
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 2 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- Standoff suspect may be man wanted in Ga....
14 min ago
- Police chase, standoff closes Lake Shore...
31 min ago
- Officer injured in LSD crash following...
41 min ago