Smoke detectors handed out after deadly fire
December 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Firefighters are handing out smoke detectors in Englewood Friday afternoon following a deadly fire that claimed the life of a woman.
They're reminding everyone about the importance of having a working smoke detector.
The woman died in a fire in the 5600 block of South Paulina around 6 a.m. Friday morning.
Paramedics tried to save her, but she was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
Firefighters found a new smoke detector still in its box without a battery in a drawer in the kitchen.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder 8 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas 22 min ago
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen 34 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
49 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day Parade Queen
30 min ago
- Let's Dish: Guinness Steak
57 min ago