Girl's princess wish a dream come true
December 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 4-year-old Chicago girl had her wish come true when she got to be a princess for the day.
Firefighters greeted Arlene Guachichulca as she and her family arrived at the Macy's on State Street.
Once inside, the royal treatment began. She was given a pair of silver shoes, and then it was on to makeup.
Arlene is undergoing treatment for a brain tumor. When the people at Make-A-Wish heard her story, they got to work to make this special day possible.
After shopping for a dress, Arlene and her family left the store as you might expect a princess would, in a horse drawn carriage.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home