Grief, shock across nation after Sandy Hook school shooting| Chicago parents feel for Connecticut victims
December 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ''My heart goes out to all the parents and anybody affected by what happened in Connecticut,'' Toccarra Moore said Friday as she picked up her child from Ogden Elementary School.
"My heart goes out to all the parents and anybody affected by what happened in Connecticut," Toccarra Moore said Friday as she picked up her child from Ogden Elementary School.
In Chicago and across the nation, parents are grieving the loss of children and teachers at a shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. Twenty children and six teachers were gunned down by a shooter on Friday morning at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
The gunman, whose mother taught kindergarten at the school, was also killed.
"Very unfortunate, very sad. . . It's very tragic," Toccara Moore said. "It's extremely tragic. I couldn't image how the parents feel."
"It's unbelievable. I was talking to my son's teacher and we just don't know what is going on. Random acts of violence. It's crazy," Rebecca Wells, parent, said.
"It's just devastating. I picked up my daughters early to go out tonight and I just want to hug them and kiss them and just can't put into words what has happened," Dave Yoho said.
newtown connecticut school shooting, local, theresa gutierrez
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: I-Team Mall Security 32 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 26 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor