IL State Police ring bells for Salvation Army
December 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For the first time officials from the Illinois State Police are taking part in the Salvation Army's annual holiday Red Kettle campaign.
State Police Director Hiram Grau, First Deputy Director Greg Muller and Chief of Staff Brian Ley stood outside Macy's State Street and served as bell ringers.
That money raised goes to the good deeds of the Salvation Army.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap