Libertyville kettle gets 7 gold coins for 2nd year
December 18, 2012 (LIBERTYVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- For the second year in a row, an anonymous Guardian Angel has dropped a package of seven gold Swiss Francs in a red kettle at the Jewel in Libertyville, along with a personal note.
The seven Swiss gold francs, containing .19-ounces of gold each, were gift wrapped and dropped anonymously in the kettle on Saturday. The coins are worth $2,170. The package included a hand-written note, stating, 'Thank you and your faithful "soldier" bell ringers for doing the fabulous work of God almighty in taking care of our needy (financially and spiritually)."
These seven Swiss francs bring the total number of gold coins found in Lake County this season to 10. Three gold coins, worth approximately $2,070, were found in area kettles the weekend of November 30.
Based on the handwritten note, scripture references and type of coin, it is believed that the same donor also dropped two packages of seven Swiss gold francs each in the same Libertyville kettle last year as well. The coins, worth $6,930 total, were also gift wrapped in a handwritten note thanking The Salvation Army for their work.
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling 33 min ago
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- NIU hazing death case in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Ex-booster club president pleads guilty to theft 13 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- 'Ice Road Truckers' driver charged with kidnapping prostitute 19 min ago
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos