Libertyville kettle gets 7 gold coins for 2nd year
December 18, 2012 (LIBERTYVILLE, Ill.) (WLS) -- For the second year in a row, an anonymous Guardian Angel has dropped a package of seven gold Swiss Francs in a red kettle at the Jewel in Libertyville, along with a personal note.
The seven Swiss gold francs, containing .19-ounces of gold each, were gift wrapped and dropped anonymously in the kettle on Saturday. The coins are worth $2,170. The package included a hand-written note, stating, 'Thank you and your faithful "soldier" bell ringers for doing the fabulous work of God almighty in taking care of our needy (financially and spiritually)."
These seven Swiss francs bring the total number of gold coins found in Lake County this season to 10. Three gold coins, worth approximately $2,070, were found in area kettles the weekend of November 30.
Based on the handwritten note, scripture references and type of coin, it is believed that the same donor also dropped two packages of seven Swiss gold francs each in the same Libertyville kettle last year as well. The coins, worth $6,930 total, were also gift wrapped in a handwritten note thanking The Salvation Army for their work.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout