CTA delays Blue Line fare hike for rides to O'Hare Airport
December 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA says it will hold off on a planned fare hike for Blue Line trips to O'Hare Airport for at least six months.
The proposed fee that would bump the fare from $2.25 to $5 is delayed now until July.
The CTA says the reprieve is designed to give the agency more time to come up with a plan to exempt airport workers.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...