CTA delays Blue Line fare hike for rides to O'Hare Airport
December 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA says it will hold off on a planned fare hike for Blue Line trips to O'Hare Airport for at least six months.
The proposed fee that would bump the fare from $2.25 to $5 is delayed now until July.
The CTA says the reprieve is designed to give the agency more time to come up with a plan to exempt airport workers.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus