Jonathan Jackson: I'm not running for Jackson Jr.'s vacant seat
December 18, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Jonathan Jackson told ABC7 he is not running for the congressional seat vacated by his brother Jesse Jackson Jr.
Jackson said he was considering the seat but decided against it.
Jackson Jr. resigned in November, citing ongoing treatment for bipolar disorder.
On Saturday, Democratic Party leaders heard from those interested in the seat, but could not decide on a single candidate to support.
More than a dozen contenders are eyeing the seat.
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs 12 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schiller Park teen arrested, suspected in 30 Park Ridge car...
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery 2 min ago
- Man accused in sex assault of pregnant ex-girlfriend
- Flight from O'Hare slides off STL taxiway
- Dangerous cold for Bears game 19 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- abcnews: Student Fatally Shot by Campus Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos