Soccer coach dismissed over Maine West hazing
December 19, 2012 (PARK RIDGE, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Maine Township School Board has voted to dismiss soccer coach Michael Divincenzo.
Members did not take action on coach Emilio Rodriguez.
Alumni and parents spoke out in support of the pair during a special school board meeting.
Three soccer players and a former baseball player have filed lawsuits claiming they were sexually assaulted during hazing rituals.
They say some coaches knew about it, but did not take action.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse 14 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport