Chicago police investigating emails from Peterson attorney
December 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The ongoing dispute between Drew Peterson's lawyers has escalated.
Former Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky, has filed a "harassment by electronic means" report with Chicago police against former co-counsel Steve Greenberg, according to Chicago Police News Affairs.
Brodsky said he called police after receiving what he believed was an email threat. In the email Greenberg wrote if Brodsky "did not withdraw false allegations made earlier in a legal filing, his failure to retract will have consequences", according to Brodsky.
Brodsky said Greenberg is unstable and is obsessed with him.
According to Greenberg, the emails are not threatening and he has not yet been contacted by police.
Chicago Police News Affairs said the case is under investigation.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 33 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blue Line trains 'significantly' delayed 32 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 56 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 27 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 43 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 51 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 21 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
33 min ago