Chicago police investigating emails from Peterson attorney
December 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The ongoing dispute between Drew Peterson's lawyers has escalated.
Former Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky, has filed a "harassment by electronic means" report with Chicago police against former co-counsel Steve Greenberg, according to Chicago Police News Affairs.
Brodsky said he called police after receiving what he believed was an email threat. In the email Greenberg wrote if Brodsky "did not withdraw false allegations made earlier in a legal filing, his failure to retract will have consequences", according to Brodsky.
Brodsky said Greenberg is unstable and is obsessed with him.
According to Greenberg, the emails are not threatening and he has not yet been contacted by police.
Chicago Police News Affairs said the case is under investigation.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 51 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- 7 in 77
25 min ago