CPD warns CTA riders about string of robberies on Pink Line
December 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police issued a warning Saturday regarding a string of robberies on the Pink Line.
Two men have been grabbing people's cell phones and running away as trains approach the platform, according to officials.
Police said there were four incidents between December 10th and 18th.
Descriptions of the offenders are vague and vary but one man is said to be more than seven feet tall.
Police asked CTA passengers to stay aware of their surroundings and to report any suspicious activity on the train platforms.
- Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 38 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 18 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 12 min ago
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
12 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
9 min ago