CPD warns CTA riders about string of robberies on Pink Line
December 22, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police issued a warning Saturday regarding a string of robberies on the Pink Line.
Two men have been grabbing people's cell phones and running away as trains approach the platform, according to officials.
Police said there were four incidents between December 10th and 18th.
Descriptions of the offenders are vague and vary but one man is said to be more than seven feet tall.
Police asked CTA passengers to stay aware of their surroundings and to report any suspicious activity on the train platforms.
- Fire at storefront church in Gary, Indiana 11 min ago
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 14 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
5 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
14 min ago