Two men questioned in connection with sexual assault of teenage girl
December 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two men were questioned by police Sunday in connection with the brutal sexual assault of a teenage girl in the Chatham neighborhood, investigators said.
Police said the attack happened near 83rd and Martin Luther King Drive Friday around 8 p.m.
A 15-year-old girl, who left her Chatham-area home just long enough to take out the garbage, was approached by a group of men in a black truck, according to investigators.
The driver told her to get in and when she refused, the victim was pistol whipped by one of the passengers and knocked out, according to police. When she woke up, she was being sexually assaulted by six men taking turns, police said.
Investigators said the victim was able to escape the house where she was assaulted and make it back home. After calling police, she was taken to St. Bernard Hospital for treatment.
"I hate to hear that something happened to someone like that because have a lot of granddaughters," area resident Phyllis Keene said.
As horrifying as the attack is, residents confess they're not surprised. Even on the busy stretch of 83rd Street near Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, they said you can never be too careful and walking alone is discouraged.
"I watch my back every time I leave the house for work," Chatham resident Cynthia Thomas said. "It's been horrible lately, and I try to be careful."
The girl identified the two men being questioned by police as two of her six alleged attackers, investigators said.
No charges have been filed, according to Chicago Police News Affairs.
local, michelle gallardo
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 54 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw 55 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains 30 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
54 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
55 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
25 min ago