Chicago could set high temp record on New Year's
December 26, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If Chicago goes until Tuesday without a high temperature below 32 degrees, we would set a record for longest streak without a high temp below freezing.If Chicago goes until Tuesday without a high temperature below 32 degrees, we would set a record for longest streak without a high temp below freezing.
We could end the streak by Friday or Saturday when highs are expected to be around 30 degrees.
We are currently in third place for the latest date of a subfreezing high in meteorological winter and second place is December 28 from 1971, meteorologist Mike Caplan said.
As of Wednesday morning, the average temperature in Chicago for December is 38.0, which would rank as the fifth warmest December in Chicago history, Caplan said.
The warmest was 43.4 back in 1877. Temperatures over the next few days will likely drop our ranking but a top-ten warmest December is virtually a lock, Caplan said.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 8 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 25 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 5 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
8 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
25 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
14 min ago