Indiana police looking for 'sexually violent predator'
December 26, 2012 (WLS) -- Police in Indiana need help to find a man they described as a violent sexual predator.
Maurice Ward is a convicted sex offender and is wanted by the LaPorte County's Sheriff's Office, according to a press release from authorities.
Police said failed to notify authorities of his change in address in Michigan City.
Ward was first convicted in 2004 as a sexually violent predator, according to authorities.
Police warned that he may try to hurt himself and others if attempts are made to arrest him.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 18 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor