Musical salute to Inez Andrews
December 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A musical salute was held Thursday night for Chicago gospel singer Inez Andrews, who died December 19th at the age of 83.
Andrews was a singer and songwriter known for the range of her voice.
She got her start as a member of the Caravans, a group led by the late Albertina Walker.
Andrews' signature song was 'Lord, Don't Move that Mountain.'
Thursday night's salute took place at Apostolic Church of God on S. Dorchester, where Andrews' homegoing celebration will take place tomorrow.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas