Musical salute to Inez Andrews
December 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A musical salute was held Thursday night for Chicago gospel singer Inez Andrews, who died December 19th at the age of 83.
Andrews was a singer and songwriter known for the range of her voice.
She got her start as a member of the Caravans, a group led by the late Albertina Walker.
Andrews' signature song was 'Lord, Don't Move that Mountain.'
Thursday night's salute took place at Apostolic Church of God on S. Dorchester, where Andrews' homegoing celebration will take place tomorrow.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee 25 min ago
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos