Musical salute to Inez Andrews
December 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A musical salute was held Thursday night for Chicago gospel singer Inez Andrews, who died December 19th at the age of 83.
Andrews was a singer and songwriter known for the range of her voice.
She got her start as a member of the Caravans, a group led by the late Albertina Walker.
Andrews' signature song was 'Lord, Don't Move that Mountain.'
Thursday night's salute took place at Apostolic Church of God on S. Dorchester, where Andrews' homegoing celebration will take place tomorrow.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap