Cure Violence holds year-end peace dinner
December 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A high-profile violence prevention group hosted a year-end peace dinner Thursday night on Chicago's South Side.
Officials with the group Cure Violence, formerly known as CeaseFire, say it's their way to say thank you to their volunteers, including some known as violence interrupters.
Cure Violence officials say they mediated more than 700 conflicts this year.
Thursday night's event comes as Chicago is on pace to reach 500 homicides this year.
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Andersonville's Hopleaf expands gastropub menu
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 'Joining Forces With Glory'
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos