Chicago church receives nativity scenes from around world
December 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's second oldest church has received a rare gift to mark its 155th anniversary.
The Shrine of our Lady of Pompeii has given about a dozen nativity scenes from around the world to Holy Family on W. Roosevelt.
Holy Family is also receiving what officials say is a relic from the manger where Christ was born in Bethlehem. Visitors are invited to see these gifts after an anniversary mass at Holy Family taking place on Sunday.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits