Chicago church receives nativity scenes from around world
December 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's second oldest church has received a rare gift to mark its 155th anniversary.
The Shrine of our Lady of Pompeii has given about a dozen nativity scenes from around the world to Holy Family on W. Roosevelt.
Holy Family is also receiving what officials say is a relic from the manger where Christ was born in Bethlehem. Visitors are invited to see these gifts after an anniversary mass at Holy Family taking place on Sunday.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell 38 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare' 49 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 12 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 48 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 46 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake