Chicago church receives nativity scenes from around world
December 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's second oldest church has received a rare gift to mark its 155th anniversary.
The Shrine of our Lady of Pompeii has given about a dozen nativity scenes from around the world to Holy Family on W. Roosevelt.
Holy Family is also receiving what officials say is a relic from the manger where Christ was born in Bethlehem. Visitors are invited to see these gifts after an anniversary mass at Holy Family taking place on Sunday.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos