Waukegan YMCA to close at end of year
December 28, 2012 (WAUKEGAN, Ill.) (WLS) -- The end of the year will bring an end to the Waukegan YMCA.
A decision was made to close the facility next Monday at 1:00 p.m.
The YMCA has been struggling with debt, falling membership and the weak economy.
Supporters have tried to raise money to save the facility but have fallen short of what's needed.
All money will be returned to donors.
The building could be sold to someone who might want to reopen it as a YMCA or other type of health facility.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 1 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos