Lawyers for dad who taped up toddler, posted photo on Facebook request new trial
December 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The father convicted of taping his daughter's mouth shut could be looking forward to a lesser charge.
Andre Curry was found guilty earlier this month of aggravated battery after posting a picture on Facebook of his 2-year-old daughter bound and gagged with painter's tape.
Curry's lawyers say that the felony charge is just too high.
Curry's current charge faces a sentence from probation to 7 years in prison.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 44 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 50 min ago
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 29 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
56 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
44 min ago