Lawyers for dad who taped up toddler, posted photo on Facebook request new trial
December 31, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The father convicted of taping his daughter's mouth shut could be looking forward to a lesser charge.
Andre Curry was found guilty earlier this month of aggravated battery after posting a picture on Facebook of his 2-year-old daughter bound and gagged with painter's tape.
Curry's lawyers say that the felony charge is just too high.
Curry's current charge faces a sentence from probation to 7 years in prison.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 15 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Video: I-Team: Wanted by international police
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- 1 injured after car collides with school bus in Kenosha
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Woman charged after crashing car into Burbank house
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
15 min ago