2 charged in Washington Park shooting that killed man
January 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges have been filed in the shooting death of a South Side anti-violence rapper.
Yecary Harris, 30, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 28-year-old Christopher Thomas.
Thomas was gunned down near 51st Street and Indiana in the Washington Park area Sunday. He is remembered for preaching a message of nonviolence.
Police arrested two suspects after a chase on the Dan Ryan Expressway after the shooting.
The second suspect, Rodney Harris, 31, is charged with aggravated fleeing along with a pair of traffic citations.
Both suspects were due in bond court Tuesday.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 54 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- KevinTrudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 16 min ago
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
16 min ago
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
54 min ago