2 charged in Washington Park shooting that killed man
January 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges have been filed in the shooting death of a South Side anti-violence rapper.
Yecary Harris, 30, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 28-year-old Christopher Thomas.
Thomas was gunned down near 51st Street and Indiana in the Washington Park area Sunday. He is remembered for preaching a message of nonviolence.
Police arrested two suspects after a chase on the Dan Ryan Expressway after the shooting.
The second suspect, Rodney Harris, 31, is charged with aggravated fleeing along with a pair of traffic citations.
Both suspects were due in bond court Tuesday.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train 58 min ago
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold 4 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- 7 in 77
2 min ago