2 charged in Washington Park shooting that killed man
January 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges have been filed in the shooting death of a South Side anti-violence rapper.
Yecary Harris, 30, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 28-year-old Christopher Thomas.
Thomas was gunned down near 51st Street and Indiana in the Washington Park area Sunday. He is remembered for preaching a message of nonviolence.
Police arrested two suspects after a chase on the Dan Ryan Expressway after the shooting.
The second suspect, Rodney Harris, 31, is charged with aggravated fleeing along with a pair of traffic citations.
Both suspects were due in bond court Tuesday.
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos