Miles Austrevich, 20, inspiration behind jokes4miles.com, dies of brain cancer
January 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Miles Austrevich, 20, died December 23rd after a battle with brain cancer.
Austrevich was the inspiration behind www.jokes4miles.com.
His father, Len Austrevich, had been collecting jokes and well wishes to lift Miles' spirits while he fought the disease.
Jokes came in from 192 cities, 44 states and 8 countries, most memorably from others affected by cancer.
A celebration of his life is set to take place in January.
He was enrolled at Yale University.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game 2 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 54 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back 45 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues 41 min ago
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Heisman Trophy 2013 Finalists: Jameis Winston, NIU's Jordan... 48 min ago
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Eataly Chicago closes for day- one week after opening
- Rich Williamson of Ill. GOP dies at 64 49 min ago
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913 7 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
54 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
2 min ago
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest...
10 min ago
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a...
45 min ago